Teen Anxiety Treatment
You have noticed changes in your teen’s behavior and mood and are worried about how they are doing. You are not quite sure what is causing their distress but you think it might be anxiety. Have you noticed any of the behaviors below in your teen?
How Anxiety Can Show Up in Teens
- Spends a lot of time worrying
- Has a difficult time concentrating and focusing
- Thinks that things that haven’t happened yet will go wrong or turn out badly
- Gets really anxious before a test or a project they will have to present in front of the class
- Has less of an appetite than they used to
- Feels nervous often
- Gets overwhelmed easily
- Wants to avoid going to school, hanging out with friends, or participate in activities
- Has been having a hard time sleeping
If you recognized some of the behaviors above in your teen, then your teen might be struggling with anxiety. I would love the opportunity to work with your teen to help them gain practical skills to learn to cope better with their stress and anxiety. In counseling your teen will learn to change the negative and irrational thinking they have been engaging in which has caused their anxiety. I will teach them specific techniques to shift their thinking patterns to be more rational, healthy, and positive.
Your teen will also learn multiple relaxation skills they can use on a daily basis to combat their anxiety and stress level. These relaxation techniques will help your teen learn how to slow their racing thoughts, improve their focus, quiet their mind, and improve their sleep.
I understand that anxiety does not happen in a bubble. Your teen’s anxiety might be spilling over into other areas of their life and making things more difficult. In addition to working with your teen to deal with anxiety I can also work with them on:
- Social skills and communication skills
- Peer relationships & peer pressure
- Academic performance
- Coping with separation or divorce
- Time management & organizational skills
- Issues with internet, cell phone, and social media use
- Preparing for college
Imagine How Great It Will Be When…
- Your teen is able to manage their own stress and anxiety so that they are more focused at school and at home
- Their anxiety stops negatively affecting their performance at school
- Your teen feels more confident and comfortable socializing with other children their age
- Your teen is sleeping better throughout the night
- You no longer have to worry about your teen and your anxiety and stress about their well being is over because they are finally happy and healthy
If your teen would benefit from learning practical techniques to deal with their anxiety please call me to schedule an appointment today.