An Investment in Yourself
How much of your life have you spent investing in your education, career, romantic relationships, and maybe even putting others first? When you make the decision to start counseling, you are making the decision to invest in yourself. You are choosing to place your well being as a priority. Therapy can give you the tools that you need to become the healthiest and happiest version of yourself. What investment could be better than that?
“Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life, it will improve the lives of all those around you.” ―Robin Sharma
How Private Pay Concierge Counseling & Out of Network Insurance Works
I am a private pay therapist which means I am not in network for any insurance companies and do not accept insurance. I decided not to be in network with insurance companies for multiple reasons. They require therapists to label their clients with a mental health diagnosis, control the number of sessions a client can have, and have unlimited access to a client’s records limiting privacy. I decided from the beginning of opening my practice that I wanted my clients to be in control of their journey, not insurance companies.
Although I am not in network for any insurance companies, you do have the option of seeing me through your out of network insurance benefits if you have a plan with out of network coverage. However, there will be restrictions to our work through that avenue. When we have our free 20 minute consultation I can go into further detail about that if you have questions. Below are a few questions to help you get started to get into contact with your insurance company, to find out if you have that coverage. You will first pay for my services, and then your insurance company could possibly reimburse you on their end. If you qualify for a mental health diagnosis.
Here are a list of some questions for your insurance company to see if you have out of network benefits
In order to see if you have out of network coverage for counseling with your insurance company I have provided a list of some questions below to help you when you call them:
- Do I have out of network provider coverage for mental health counseling sessions?
- Do I have a deductible I need to meet first before you start to reimburse me?
- How much is the deductible that I need to meet before you start reimbursing me?
- What is the percentage of my sessions you will cover? (Or how much will you cover per session?)
- How many sessions will I be allowed to have per year? (Or how many sessions will you reimburse me for per year?)
- What are the requirements I need to meet in order to to qualify for reimbursement? What type of mental health diagnoses do I need to have? Can you provide me with some examples so I can understand?
- What forms do I need to fill out and/or submit in order to receive reimbursement from you my insurance company?
- Can I have online video sessions or telehealth sessions with the provider I choose? Even when COVID-19/pandemic is no longer considered an issue?
If you decide to go through your out of network insurance benefits, I will help you with paperwork that your insurance company requires and support that need with notification ahead of time. I will provide you on a monthly basis with “superbills” as that is what most insurance companies want to help you get reimbursement. They have a funny name as they are not regular receipts. They are receipts for our work together.
These receipts that are provided to insurance companies have lots of minute details with complicated codes that require a sufficient amount of time to be prepared for you to be just right. That is why they are provided on a monthly basis. As I want to make sure you get what you need on your end if you decide to go the route of out of network coverage and qualify.
“Personal development is the belief that you are worth the effort, time and energy needed to develop yourself.” ―Denis Waitley
I would love the opportunity to help you on your journey to the healthiest and happiest version of you. Contact me at 954-393-2930 to schedule an appointment or for a free 20 minute video consultation to see if we are the right fit for each other.