Do you Have Excessive Stress or Anxiety? Take a Quiz Now
Quiz One: answer yes or no
- Do you constantly worry?
- Do you engage in constant negative self-talk?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating?
- Do you get mad and react easily?
- Do you have recurring neck pain, headaches, or muscle tension?
- Do you grind your teeth?
- Do you frequently feel overwhelmed, anxious or depressed?
- Do you feed your stress with unhealthy habits such as eating or drinking excessively, smoking, arguing, or avoiding things you need to do?
- Do small pleasures fail to satisfy you?
- Do you experience flashes of anger over a minor problem?
If you answered “yes” to most of the questions above then you are most likely experiencing excessive stress.
Quiz Two: answer yes or no
- Do you experience shortness of breath, your heart racing, or tremors while at rest?
- Do you have a fear of losing control or going crazy?
- Do you avoid social situations because of fear?
- Do you have fears of specific objects?
- Do you fear that you will be in a place or situation from which you cannot escape?
- Do you feel afraid of leaving your house?
- Do you have recurrent thoughts or images that refuse to go away?
- Do you feel compelled to perform certain activities repeatedly?
- Do you persistently relive an upsetting event from the past?
- Is your anxiety getting in the way of completing your everyday activities?
If you answered “yes” to more than four of the above questions that you could possibly be suffering from an anxiety disorder. It would be in your best interest to seek a Counselor or Therapist to further explore what you are going through.
Struggling with a large amount of stress or excessive anxiety can put your overall health at risk. Feeling stress and anxiety is a natural part of life, but when either get in the way of you participating in everyday activities it’s important to make a change. You have the power to eliminate stress and anxiety from your life.
Scientific evidence and research has proven that a specific type of therapy called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can eliminate anxiety. People who seek treatment for anxiety in counseling through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy report feeling better any where between 6 to 10 counseling sessions. In counseling you will learn specific techniques and tools to stop anxiety. Anxiety does not need to get in the way from you living your life. Take the steps to make the changes you need so that you can live a life that is full of happiness and peace.
ABOUT ESSENCE OF HEALING COUNSELING:
Roberta Alves is a therapist and counselor at the Essence of Healing Counseling with an office located in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. She is a Certified Anxiety Specialist and uses a scientific and evidence based type of therapy called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Research has shown that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is proven to be extremely effective in treating anxiety. Roberta is truly passionate about the work she does and loves serving her clients in Ft. Lauderdale and the surrounding South Florida areas. If you want to learn the proven techniques to overcome your anxiety call 954-393-2930 to schedule an appointment today.
Essence of Healing Counseling
333 N New River Drive East, Suite # 2000, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301