Thanks for visiting this website (www.essenceofhealingcounseling.com), hereinafter referred to as “website” or “site”.
You’ll find all our website’s legal documents and policies on this page, including:
- Accessibility Policy
- Terms and Conditions of Use
- Notice of Medical Privacy Practices and Protected Health Information
- Good Faith Estimate
Essenceofhealingcounseling.com is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
This website endeavors to conform with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the following accessibility standards: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA, PDF/Universal Accessibility (PDF/UA).These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people. Through genuine effort and commitment including testing, audits, consulting, and remediation, we believe essenseofhealingcounseling.com adheres to best practices for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly. Please note older browsers may not display the website content correctly.
Whilst essenceofhealingcounseling.com strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
For more information on web accessibility and legal requirements, here are helpful resources:
Your use of www.essenceofhealingcounseling.com (“Website”) indicates your understanding of the following:
The information and resources contained on this website are solely intended for educational and informational purposes, and are not intended to assess, diagnose, or treat any medical and/or mental health disease or condition.
The use of the Site does not imply nor establish any type of professional therapist-client relationship. Furthermore, the information from www.essenceofhealingcounseling.com should not be considered a substitute for a thorough medical and/or mental health evaluation by an appropriately credentialed and licensed professional. This information is not intended for the purpose of providing professional advice. Please consult with a qualified professional.
Links found on the Site to other websites are for informational and reference purposes only. This website does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other websites. Please carefully examine the content at your own discretion and risk.
Testimonials, examples, case studies, etc. mentioned on this website do not apply to the average person or purchaser of the products and/or services on this website. Additionally, these testimonials, examples, case studies, etc. are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will attain the same or similar results. You are advised to conduct your own due diligence by means of research and/or investigation.
Terms & Conditions
TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
Essence of Healing Counseling Services, LLC (“Company”), a Florida corporation in the United States of America, welcomes you to its website, www.essenceofhealingcounseling.com (“Site”). Please read the following Terms of Service Agreement carefully. By accessing and using the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide at www.essenceofhealingcounseling.com you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to accept and adhere to the following terms and conditions as stated in this policy (hereafter referred to as “User Agreement”) all the terms incorporated herein by reference. If you do not expressly agree to all of these terms and conditions, then please does not access this Site, its services, or its resources. This User Agreement has been updated on the 17th of October 2020.
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement at any time in the future and without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
Additionally, if you are our client, your client agreement supersedes these policies, terms, and conditions to the extent there is any conflict between the two.
RESPONSIBLE USE AND CONDUCT
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, tools, and video and/or audio recordings we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as ‘Resources’), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
a. In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
b. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
c. Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
d. Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
e. Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
f. You are solely responsible for any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
g.We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, obscene, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any of the Company’s employees or representatives.
We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
h. We do not assume any liability for any content posted by you or any other 3rd party users of our website. However, any content posted by you using any open communication tools on our website, provided that it doesn’t violate or infringe on any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks, becomes the property of www.essenceofhealingcounseling.com, and as such, gives us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, publicly display and/or distribute as we see fit. This only refers and applies to content posted via open communication tools as described, and does not refer to information that is provided as part of the registration process, necessary in order to use our Resources.
i. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless www.essenceofhealingcounseling.com and its parent company and affiliates, and their owners, directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, licensors, and affiliates, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
SITE CONTENTS AND OWNERSHIP
The information contained on this site, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images, logos, written materials, and other content (“Materials”) are the intellectual property of the Company and are protected by copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized by the Company. Such inappropriate use without written authorization will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
The Company welcomes sharing its Materials, but you must first retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on all copies of the Materials. Written permission must be solicited and granted to display, copy, distribute, download, and print portions of this site solely for the purposes of using this Site for the authorized uses described above. You must provide correct attribution to Company.
You shall comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this website and prevent unauthorized copying of the Materials. Except as provided in this User Agreement, the Company does not grant you any express or implied right in or under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or trade secret information.
LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES
You expressly agree that the use of this website is at your sole risk.
By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available”. This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
- the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
- the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
- the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable, and
- any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
- any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
- no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from the Site or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
Unless otherwise expressed, the Company expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. The Company and/or its Site will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
LIMITATION ON CLAIMS
Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of this SITE must be commenced within three months and no later than one year after the claim or cause of action arises.
TERMINATION OF USE
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
As a convenience to you, the Company may provide on this Site links to websites operated by other entities (“Linked Sites”). If you use any Linked Sites, you will leave this site. If you decide to visit any Linked Sites, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
Linked Sites, regardless of the linking form (e.g., hotlinks, hypertext links, IMG links) are not maintained, controlled, or otherwise governed by the Company. The content, accuracy, opinions expressed, and other links provided by Linked Sites are not investigated, verified, monitored, or endorsed by the Company.
The Company does not endorse, make any representations regarding, or warrant any information, goods, and/or services appearing and/or offered on any Linked Sites, other than linked information authored by the Company. Links do not imply that the Company or this site sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any Linked Sites is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of the Company or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.
Except for links to information authored by the Company, the Company is neither responsible for nor will it be liable under any theory based on:
- any Linked Sites;
- any information and/or content found on any Linked Sites; or
- any site(s) linked to or from any Linked Sites.
If you decide to visit any Linked Sites and/or transact any business on them, you do so at your own risk. The Company reserves the right to discontinue any Linked Sites at any time without prior notice. Please contact the webmasters of any Linked Sites concerning any information, goods, and/or services appearing on them.
The Company does participate in affiliate relationships. Unless otherwise explicitly indicated, you should assume that references to products or services on this website are made because there is a pre-arranged benefit for recommending certain products and/or services between the provider of said products and/or services and the Company. By clicking on certain links, you may be directed to an affiliate website, where the Company may receive a pre-arranged benefit for recommending certain products and/or services. Such pre-arranged benefits may include, but are not limited to: complementary products or services, monetary commission, or non-monetary compensation upon taking action based on the content of this site, the site’s related social media channels, and/or electronic communications.
The Company recommends products and/or services on this website based on a good faith belief that such products and/or services will help the purchaser. As such, the Company only participates in affiliate relationships with products and/or services that the Company has personally used; or has researched the reputation of the provider of said products and/or services and decided to recommend the products and/or services of said provider based on the provider’s history of providing said products and/or services. The representations made by the Company about recommended products and/or services reflect the Company’s honest opinion based upon information known to the Company at the time that such products and/or services are mentioned on the website, the site’s related social media channels, and/or electronic communications. However, the Company’s recommendation in no way provides any guarantee of your experience with recommended products and or services.
The Company’s opinion about a product and/or service may be formed (consciously or unconsciously) because a material connection may exist between the Company and the provider of such products and/or services. Because such a material connection may exist between the Company and the providers of such products and/or services, you are advised to always assume the Company may be biased about said products and/or services because of said relationship between the Company and the provider and/or because the Company has received or will receive something of value from the provider.
Additionally, any testimonials, examples, case studies, etc. found on this website do not apply to the average person and do not reflect the typical purchaser’s experience. Such testimonials, examples, case studies, etc. are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will attain the same or similar results. If the Company has disclosed typical results based on information provided to the Company by a manufacturer or other reputable third party source, you should presume that the typical results as stated are more reliable than the testimonials and examples found on this website.
If a product or service is new, you understand that it may not have been available for purchase long enough to provide an accurate earnings history.
Furthermore, you are advised to perform your own due diligence by way of conducting your own research and investigation before purchasing a product and/or service mentioned on this website, the site’s related social media channels, and/or electronic communications.
The Company assumes no liability for the recommendation of affiliate products and or services.
This website is controlled by www.essenceofhealingcounseling.com from our offices located in the state of Florida, USA. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of Florida and the USA, by accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of Florida and the USA, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
If you reside in the European Union, use of this website, its resources, and its materials implies your understanding and agreement that the laws of the state of Florida and the USA govern these terms and conditions, and take precedence over rights you might have under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Furthermore, your use of this site indicates your acknowledgment that any GDPR rights are ancillary and subservient to the laws of the state Florida and the USA.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in Broward County, Florida, USA. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
ENTIRE USER AGREEMENT
This User Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Company and you with respect to this website, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between you and the Company with respect to this website.
A printed version of this User Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based on or relating to this User Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this User Agreement or portion of it to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of this User Agreement, and the remainder of this User Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
MODIFICATIONS TO USER AGREEMENT
The Company may revise this User Agreement at any time and you agree to be bound by the revised User Agreement. Any such modifications will become effective on the date they are first posted to this site. It is your responsibility to return to this User Agreement from time to time to review the most current terms and conditions. The Company does not and will not assume any obligation to notify you of changes to this User Agreement.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES
You agree to be bound by any affirmation, assent, or agreement you transmit through this website, including but not limited to any consent you give to receive communications from the Company solely through electronic transmission. You agree that when in the future you click on an “I agree,” “I consent,” or other similarly worded “button” or entry field with your mouse, keystroke, or other device, your agreement or consent will be legally binding and enforceable and the legal equivalent of your handwritten signature.
By communicating with representatives of this website by electronic message, text message, telephone calls, or any other electronic means, you agree that we can respond to you by the same means used or other means of electronic communication. Additionally, you agree to receive future electronic communications for marketing and commercial purposes by means of the information that you have provided to us (i.e. e-mail address, phone number, etc.). If you no longer wish to receive such communications, please send a written request by mail or e-mail to the addresses listed below. Please specify the means of contact you do not use for us to use. Please note that you can also use the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of e-mails to be removed immediately.
If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns about these Terms of Service as outlined above, you can contact us at:
Essence of Healing Counseling Services, LLC
info at essenceofhealingcounseling dot com
Essence of Healing Counseling Services, LLC (“Company”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. To better protect your privacy, this notice is provided explaining the company’s online information practices. To make this notice easy to find, the company makes it available online at our website: www.essenceofhealingcounseling.com (“website”, “site”).
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect information about visitors to our Site so that we can provide an experience that is responsive to our users’ and customers’ needs. We do not collect medical information or credit card information through our Site. Our Site may use forms in which you give us contact information (including your name, address, telephone number, and email address) so you can request information or support. We receive and store any information you enter on our Site, or give us in any other way, including through email, telephone, or other communications within our customer services department. You do not need to give us any personal information in order to use our Site.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Providing the services you requested
- Order processing, including sending you information and updates pertaining to your order or request, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, promotions, related product or service information, etc.
- Generating statistical studies to improve our website
- Conducting marketing research to improve our website
- Improving our products and services
- Internet-based advertising, remarketing, and dynamic ad serving
- Sending you surveys to improve our website, products, and services
- To send periodic emails notifying you of new products and any other changes to our site or services that may affect you
When you submit personally identifiable information to us, you understand that you are agreeing to allow us to access, store, and use that information for the above names purposes. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an “Unsubscribe” option at the bottom of each e-mail.
We will not sell, share, trade or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside third parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We will not sell, share, trade or otherwise use any medical information under any circumstances. If you require the release of medical information, you must request it from us directly via a Release of Information form.
Please note that customer lists and information are considered assets of a business. Accordingly, if we merge with another entity or if we sell our assets to another entity, our customer lists, and information, including personally identifiable information you have provided us, would be included among the assets that would be transferred to the new ownership.
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of our web sites, communication preferences, aggregated data relative to your Services, and responses to promotional offers and surveys. We may use or disclose aggregate information only where no individual is identified for a number of purposes, including: (a) Compiling aggregate statistics of usage for improving the web site; (b) Developing, maintaining and administering the web site; and (c) Following up on comments and other messages that you submit to us through the web site.
Please note, to better safeguard your information, please do not include any credit card information in your electronic communication unless it is specifically required by us as part of Services or transaction fulfillment process sites, or our customer contact process.
This Site and our Services may contain links to other websites. Unfortunately, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
This Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. If our site allows you to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on order firms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We may also at times provide information about you to third parties to provide various services on our behalf, such as providers who process credit card payments. We will only share information about you that is necessary for the third party to provide the requested service. These companies are prohibited from retaining, sharing, buying, selling, storing or using your personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We will keep your data for as long as needed to provide you with products and/or services, comply with applicable laws, resolve any conflicts between us and third parties, and enforce any contracts between us.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS AND COOKIES
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this Site, such as how often users visit the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this Site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this Site, rather than your name or other identifying information.
Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this Site. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. This cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google, Inc. The information generated by the cookie will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
We use the information received from Google Analytics only to improve services on this Site. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13
We are committed to protecting the online privacy of children. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (”COPPA”), we will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without first obtaining parental consent. Prior to providing any personally identifiable information (your name, email address, address, phone number etc.), children under the age of thirteen (13) must have a parent or legal guardian provide expressed written consent provided by e-mail to info at essenceofhealingcounseling dot com. The consent states that the child’s “Parent” or “Legal Guardian”, by his or her signature, consents to the collection and transfer of the child’s personally identifiable information. Consent may be revoked at any time in writing and by sending it to the e-mail or physical mailing address above. In compliance with COPPA, we are sensitive about children consulting with parents or guardians before furnishing personal information or ordering anything online.
It is also our intention to adhere to the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) Guidelines on Internet advertising with its special sensitivities regarding solicitations to children under thirteen (13). We encourage parents/guardians to supervise and join their children in exploring cyberspace.
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
If you are visiting this Site from a country other than the country in which our servers are located, your communications with us may result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting this Site and communicating electronically with us, you consent to such transfers.
EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in the European Union, you may have certain privacy rights under Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), to the extent the GDPR does not conflict with the laws of state of Florida and the USA. Even if the Company does not have a legal obligation to do so, the Company may respond to your requests made per the GDPR. However, voluntary responses are not a waiver of our legal rights and obligations under the laws of the state of Florida and the USA or the arbitration provisions found within this website’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
SMALL OR MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISE STAUS
The Company is a small or medium-sized enterprise (“SME”). This means that because of the size of the Company, to the extent (if any) the GDPR governs the Company’s relationship with you, some of GDPR’s obligations do not apply because the Company is an SME.
To make a GDPR request, please send an e-mail or send a letter to the addresses below. Please expect a response within thirty (30) business days of receipt of your request.
Essence of Healing Counseling Services, LLC
info at essenceofhealingcounseling dot com
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including without limitation subpoenas), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical. We will also share your information to the extent necessary to comply with ICANN’s rules, regulations and policies.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
SECURE WEBSITE AREAS, USERNAMES, AND PASSWORDS
By using this website, you agree to not disclose your username and password to secure areas of this website to anyone. For your safety, you should log out and close the web browser completely and open a new web browser window before accessing other parts of the internet.
CHANGES IN OUR PRACTICES
If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page, at least thirty (30) days prior to the implementation of the changes.
CORRECTING, UPDATING AND REMOVING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may alter, update or deactivate your account information or opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. You may send an email to info at essenceofhealingcounseling dot com. We will respond to your request for access or to modify or deactivate your information within thirty (30) business days.
Essence of Healing Counseling Services, LLC
Roberta Alves, LMHC Privacy Officer
info at essenceofhealingcounseling dot com
Notice of Medical Privacy Practices and Protected Health Information
Last Updated on the 17th of October 2020
This Section describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed by us and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
We understand the importance of privacy and are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your medical information. We use medical records to provide or enable other health care providers to provide quality medical care, to obtain payment for services provided to you as allowed by your health plan and to enable us to meet our professional and legal obligations to operate this medical practice properly. We are required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information, to provide individuals with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected health information, and to notify affected individuals following a breach of unsecured protected health information. This notice describes how we may use and disclose your medical information. It also describes your rights and our legal obligations with respect to your medical information. If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact our Privacy Officer listed on this notice.
- Who Will Follow This Notice?
Health care practitioners who treat you at any of our locations, including employees, volunteers, and members of all our departments and operating units of our organization, and all medical practices operated by us, other members of our workforce, and our business associates.
- 2 Your Medical Information
This Section refers to your “medical information”. This means all information that identifies you and relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition including information about payment and billing for the health care services you receive.
- 3 Our Pledge Regarding Medical Information
We understand that your medical information is personal and we are committed to its protection. We create a record of the care and services you receive to ensure that we are providing quality care and to comply with legal requirements. This notice applies to all your medical information that we maintain, whether created by our staff or others.
We are required by law to give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your medical information, to follow the terms of this Privacy Notice, and to notify you following a breach of the privacy or security of your unsecured medical information.
How This Medical Practice May Use or Disclose Your Health Information
This practice collects health information about you and stores it on a computer and in an electronic health record/personal health record. This is your medical record. The medical record is the property of this medical practice, but the information in the medical record belongs to you. The law permits us to use or disclose your health information for the following purposes:
- Treatment. We use medical information about you to provide your medical care. We disclose medical information to our employees and others who are involved in providing the care you need. We may also disclose medical information to members of your family or others who can help you when you are sick or injured, or after you die.
- Payment. We use and disclose medical information about you to obtain payment for the services we provide. We may also disclose information to other health care providers to assist them in obtaining payment for services they have provided to you.
- Health Care Operations. We may use and disclose medical information about you to operate this medical practice. We may also share your medical information with our “business associates,” such as our billing service, that perform administrative services for us. We have a written contract with each of these business associates that contains terms requiring them and their subcontractors to protect the confidentiality and security of your protected health information. We may also share your information with other health care providers, health care clearinghouses or health plans that have a relationship with you when they request this information.
- Appointment Reminders. We may use and disclose medical information to contact and remind you about appointments. If you are not home, we may leave this information on your answering machine or in a message left with the person answering the phone.
- Notification and Communication With Family. We may disclose your health information to notify or assist in notifying a family member, your personal representative, or another person responsible for your care about your location, your general condition or, unless you had instructed us otherwise, in the event of your death. We may also disclose information to someone who is involved with your care or helps pay for your care.
- Marketing. We will not otherwise use or disclose your medical information for marketing purposes or accept any payment for other marketing communications without your prior written authorization. The authorization will disclose whether we receive any compensation for any marketing activity you authorize, and we will stop any future marketing activity to the extent you revoke that authorization.
- Sale of Health Information. We will not sell your health information without your prior written authorization. The authorization will disclose that we will receive compensation for your health information if you authorize us to sell it, and we will stop any future sales of your information to the extent that you revoke that authorization.
- Required by Law. As required by law, we will use and disclose your health information, but we will limit our use or disclosure to the relevant requirements of the law. When the law requires us to report abuse, neglect, or domestic violence, or respond to judicial or administrative proceedings, or to law enforcement officials, we will further comply with the requirement set forth below concerning those activities.
- Public Health & Safety. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your health information to public health authorities for purposes related to: prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of a particular person or the general public, injury or disability; reporting child, elder or dependent adult abuse or neglect; reporting domestic violence; reporting to the Food and Drug Administration problems with products and reactions to medications; and reporting disease or infection exposure.
- Health Oversight Activities. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your health information to health oversight agencies during the course of audits, investigations, inspections, licensure and other proceedings, subject to the limitations imposed by law.
- Judicial and Administrative Proceedings. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your health information in the course of any administrative or judicial proceeding to the extent expressly authorized by a court or administrative order. We may also disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, discovery request or other lawful process if reasonable efforts have been made to notify you of the request and you have not objected, or if your objections have been resolved by a court or administrative order.
- Law Enforcement & Coroners. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your health information to a law enforcement official for purposes such as identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person, complying with a court order, warrant, grand jury subpoena and other law enforcement purposes. We may, and are often required by law, to disclose your health information to coroners in connection with their investigations of deaths.
- Specialized Government Functions. We may disclose your health information for military or national security purposes or to correctional institutions or law enforcement officers that have you in their lawful custody.
- Workers’ Compensation. We may disclose your health information as necessary to comply with workers’ compensation laws. For example, to the extent your care is covered by workers’ compensation, we will make periodic reports to your employer about your condition. We are also required by law to report cases of occupational injury or occupational illness to the employer or workers’ compensation insurer.
- Change of Ownership. In the event that this medical practice is sold or merged with another organization, your health information/record will become the property of the new owner, although you will maintain the right to request that copies of your health information be transferred to another physician or medical group.
- Breach Notification. In the case of a breach of unsecured protected health information, we will notify you as required by law. If you have provided us with a current e-mail address, we may use e-mail to communicate information related to the breach. In some circumstances our business associate may provide the notification. We may also provide notification by other methods as appropriate.
- Psychotherapy Notes. We will not use or disclose your psychotherapy notes without your prior written authorization except for the following: 1) use by the originator of the notes for your treatment, 2) for training our staff, students and other trainees, 3) to defend ourselves if you sue us or bring some other legal proceeding, 4) if the law requires us to disclose the information to you or the Secretary of HHS or for some other reason, 5) in response to health oversight activities concerning your psychotherapist, 6) to avert a serious and imminent threat to health or safety, or 7) to the coroner or medical examiner after you die. To the extent you revoke an authorization to use or disclose your psychotherapy notes, we will stop using or disclosing these notes.
When This Medical Practice May Not Use or Disclose Your Health Information
Except as described in this Notice of Privacy Practices, this medical practice will, consistent with its legal obligations, not use or disclose health information which identifies you without your written authorization. If you do authorize this medical practice to use or disclose your health information for another purpose, you may revoke your authorization in writing at any time.
Your Health Information Rights
- Right to Request Special Privacy Protections. You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your health information by a written request specifying what information you want to limit, and what limitations on our use or disclosure of that information you wish to have imposed.
- Right to Request Confidential Communications. You have the right to request that you receive your health information in a specific way or at a specific location. We will comply with all reasonable requests submitted in writing which specify how or where you wish to receive these communications.
- Right to Inspect and Copy. You have the right to inspect and copy your health information, with limited exceptions. To access your medical information, you must submit a written request detailing what information you want access to, whether you want to inspect it or get a copy of it, and if you want a copy, your preferred form and format. We will provide copies in your requested form and format if it is readily producible, or we will provide you with an alternative format you find acceptable, or if we can’t agree and we maintain the record in an electronic format, your choice of a readable electronic or hardcopy format. We will also send a copy to any other person you designate in writing. We will charge a reasonable fee which covers our costs for labor, supplies, postage, and if requested and agreed to in advance, the cost of preparing an explanation or summary. We may deny your request under limited circumstances.
- Right to Amend or Supplement. You have a right to request that we amend your health information that you believe is incorrect or incomplete. You must make a request to amend in writing, and include the reasons you believe the information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures. You have a right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your health information made by this medical practice, except that this medical practice does not have to account for the disclosures provided to you or pursuant to your written authorization, or as described in paragraphs 1 (treatment), 2 (payment), 3 (health care operations), 6 (notification and communication with family) and 18 (specialized government functions) of Section A of this Notice of Privacy Practices or disclosures for purposes of research or public health which exclude direct patient identifiers, or which are incident to a use or disclosure otherwise permitted or authorized by law, or the disclosures to a health oversight agency or law enforcement official to the extent this medical practice has received notice from that agency or official that providing this accounting would be reasonably likely to impede their activities.
- Right to a Paper or Electronic Copy of this Notice. You have a right to notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information, including a right to a paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices, even if you have previously requested its receipt by e-mail.
Changes to this Notice of Privacy Practices
We reserve the right to amend this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time in the future. Until such amendment is made, we are required by law to comply with the terms of this Notice currently in effect. After an amendment is made, the revised Notice of Privacy Protections will apply to all protected health information that we maintain, regardless of when it was created or received. We will keep a copy of the current notice available at our office, and a copy will be available at each appointment. We will also post the current notice on our website.
Complaints about this Notice of Privacy Practices or how this medical practice handles your health information should be directed to our Privacy Officer listed on this Notice of Privacy Practices. If you are not satisfied with the manner in which this office handles a complaint, you may submit a formal complaint with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/ privacy/hipaa/complaints/. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
Essence of Healing Counseling Services, LLC
Roberta Alves, LMHC Privacy Officer
info at essenceofhealingcounseling dot com
Good Faith Estimate
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate. For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 800-985-3059.