Specializing in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Ft. Lauderdale & Florida
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (also known as CBT) sounds like a really complicated and technical name to most. It is an approach to therapy that is based on scientific evidence and research. I hope I haven’t bored you with lots of jargon and lost you yet. The most important thing for you to know right off the bat is that it’s highly effective in treating anxiety. Since it is based on scientific evidence and research, there is quantifiable data to back up and prove that it actually works. Go ahead and google it for yourself. You will see that it is one of the most successful treatment approaches to treating anxiety.
I know the name Cognitive Behavioral therapy sounds really fancy, but it’s not as complicated as it sounds. As you read further down this page, I will explain how using this approach is solution focused and will help you reach your goals. Not to mention one of the most incredible benefits of this approach is that it is brief. So you reach your goals in a relatively short amount of time.
Cognitive Behavioral therapy is solution focused & brief
The average amount of sessions a client works with me to get control of their anxiety is 10 to 14 sessions. Of course, your progress and success depend on the amount of effort and work you put in. I love using the analogy of going to the gym and trying to reach fitness goals. If you slack off and skip the gym while sitting home and stuffing your face with pizza and cookies, you won’t get the results you want. Instead, you need to diligently work out and eat healthy to attain the fitness goals you set. It’s the same when it comes to therapy. You can’t sit back, without doing the work, and expect magic to happen. If you are here reading this far, I believe there is the motivation inside you to make a change. Let’s kick anxiety in the butt together!
Read below to understand the benefits you will gain from us using the 3 part system I built based on Cognitive Behavioral therapy for you to move past anxiety.
Cognitive Behavioral therapy techniques will benefit you to:
- Become aware of the negative and irrational thoughts that have been holding you back and causing your anxiety
- Get specific techniques to challenge and replace those anxious thoughts with healthier and more productive ones
- Learn how to create a new way of thinking that is more positive, rational, and productive
- Gain practical skills to interrupt and stop your negative and anxious thoughts when they are spiraling out of control
- Build a toolbox of numerous relaxation techniques that will relieve the physical discomfort that anxiety and stress causes
Imagine how good it will feel when….
- Your body is free from tension and physical discomfort, and you can just RELAX!
- You sleep great throughout the night
- You are performing at your best at work and at home
- You no longer have constant negative thoughts, and instead have peace of mind
- Avoidance is no longer a part of your life, and you are capable of doing everything you want and need to do
- You are reaching the goals you set for yourself and living your best life
- You feel fully present in your life
- You are no longer limited by anxiety!!!
Get relief from anxiety now
Learn more about my specific approach to counseling and my 3 part system by visiting that website page. There you will read about how each phase will set you up for success to conquer anxiety and reach your goals.
I would love the opportunity to help you on your journey to the healthiest and happiest version of you. Contact me at 954-526-4006 to schedule a free 20 minute phone consultation or to schedule your first appointment.