Top Rated Pre-teen & Teen Anxiety Therapy in Ft. Lauderdale
You have noticed changes in your pre-teen or teen’s behavior and mood and are worried about how they are doing. You are not quite sure what is causing their distress but you think it might be anxiety. Read below to learn about the signs that a pre-teen or teen shows when they are struggling with anxiety.
How Anxiety Can Show Up in Pre-teens & Teens
- Spends a lot of time worrying
- Has a difficult time concentrating and focusing
- Thinks that things that haven’t happened yet will go wrong or turn out badly
- Gets really anxious before a test or a project they will have to present in front of the class
- Has less of an appetite than they used to
- Does not want to be left alone and feels better if their parents or loved ones are constantly around
- Feels nervous often
- Gets overwhelmed easily
- Wants to avoid going to school, hanging out with friends, or participate in activities
- Worries about the safety of their loved ones and fears something bad will happen to them (parents/siblings/or even themselves)
- Has been having a hard time sleeping
If you recognized some of the signs above in your pre-teen or teen, then your child might be struggling with anxiety. I would love the opportunity to work with your child to help them gain practical skills to learn to cope better with their stress and anxiety. In counseling your pre-teen or teen will learn to change the negative and irrational thinking they have been engaging in which has caused their anxiety. I will teach them specific techniques to shift their thinking patterns to be more rational, healthy, and positive.
Your child will also learn multiple relaxation skills they can use on a daily basis to combat their anxiety and stress level. These relaxation techniques will help your pre-teen or teen learn how to slow their racing thoughts, improve their focus, quiet their mind, and improve their sleep.
Specializing in Pre-teen & Teen Anxiety Therapy in Ft. Lauderdale
I understand that anxiety does not happen in a bubble. Your child’s anxiety might be spilling over into other areas of their life and making things more difficult. In addition to working with your pre-teen or teen to deal with anxiety I can also work with them on:
- Self-esteem and self confidence
- Social skills and communication skills
- Peer relationships & peer pressure
- Academic performance
- Coping with parents’ separation or divorce
- Time management & organizational skills
- Issues with over dependence on internet/cell phone/social media use
- Preparing for college
Imagine How Great It Will Be When…
- Your child is able to manage their own stress and anxiety so that they are more focused at school and at home
- Their anxiety stops negatively affecting their performance or attendance at school
- Your pre-teen or teen feels more confident and comfortable socializing with other children their age
- Your child is sleeping better throughout the night
- Your own stress about their well being is lifted because they are finally happy and healthy
Your child deserves to learn effective techniques to get relief from their anxiety. To schedule their first appointment in my Ft. Lauderdale office, or for a free 20 minute phone consultation contact me at 954-393-2930. Your child can also do online therapy through video sessions and phone sessions from the comfort and convenience of your home.